A recent report from the NAACE suggests that appropriate use of iPads can improve learning and teaching. The results are based on a single school and a small number of participants but it’s still an interesting read. Get the full report here but I’ve pasted a quick summary below.
The report’s Executive Summary concludes, “The outcomes at Longfield clearly demonstrate the value of the iPad as an educational tool.” Among the key findings noted in the Executive Summary:
- The overwhelming majority of teachers regularly use the iPads in their teaching
- There is a high demand from the students for iPad use to be extended further
- Teachers have identified significant benefits for their workload and have also identified cost savings
- Students are more motivated when using iPads
- The quality and standard of pupil work and progress is rising
- Appropriate use of Apps aids learning