Since I received a new iPad, my laptop has become very lonely. I find myself carrying my iPad everywhere I go. I prefer to use it because it is so portable. I find there are a lot of things it replaces and it keeps everything I need in one spot.
Here are a few things I’ve done in the past week with my iPad.
- Updated my calendar
- Read a book on my Kindle app Skimmed an article online
- Wrote and published this blog
- Sent a tweet
- Changed my Facebook status
- Used my highlighted app for key points in the Common Core State Standards document
- Played a little solitaire
- Took notes from a webinar
- Checked all three email accounts in one location
- Ordered books
- Enrolled my child in summer classes
- Used maps feature to plan my route to a professional development day
- Skyped a friend
- Piped in music on Pandora
- Read the newspaper
- Downloaded documents into folders for later retrieval
- Previewed a Prezi online
I do still like my laptop, but it is more of a relationship of respect now. The one thing it does offer is a little bit of warmth and I suppose I could use it as a foot rest when I am using my iPad!